Rumor: The Phoenix Suns new City Edition uniforms will bring back a familiar term

Phoenix Suns Discussion Forum
Suns Cards

Rumor: The Phoenix Suns new City Edition uniforms will bring back a familiar term

Image @SunsUniTracker It’s new uniform rumor season. The 2023-24 season is coming to an end as the NBA Finals have commenced, which means soon we’ll be talking about drafting, free agents, and roster construction. Soon? Okay. I know. We’ve been talking about it since the Phoenix Suns season ended in late April. One thing we haven’t been talking about is uniform designs. Remember last season when we wondered what the rebrand would look like for Phoenix? Teasers during the Summer League, concepts galore. I wish the Suns would have handled it like the Utah Jazz recently did. Utah, who donned a highlighter yellow look for a couple of seasons, completely rebranded their uniforms sets. Looking very 90s-esque, they informed their fanbase this past week of what they were up to. The Utah Jazz unveil new jerseys for next season pic.twitter.com/WDVKhHXhpl— Ball Don’t Lie (@Balldontlie) June 5, 2024 No summer-long wonderment for the Jazz fans. Right to the point. Well done, Utah. Again, I wish the Suns would have been more direct last season. Aside from personnel changes, one mystery remains: what will the City Edition jerseys look like? Every season the Suns get a new look, and outside of The Valley look that the team had from 2020 to 2022, we should see a new look next year. The rumors are already beginning that The Valley could make its return to the Suns’ uniform rotation. When you see it. pic.twitter.com/kwAvuJoi5V— Suns Uniform Tracker (@SunsUniTracker) June 5, 2024 This past season the Suns sported the ‘El Valle’ look, paying homage to both the Greater Phoenix Area moniker as well as the Latino culture within. The previous season the Suns wore a turquoise blue jersey that celebrated the Native American culture that exists in State 48. 2023-24 could see a reenvisioning of the black jerseys with the pixelated sunset and ‘The Valley’ wordmark across the chest. Rumored to be in purple this season, @SunsUniTracker on Twitter gave his vision of what the new uniform could look like. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. pic.twitter.com/LSGrKunZGj— Suns Uniform Tracker (@SunsUniTracker) June 7, 2024 Ughhh. Take my money. I do like this, very very much. How long until we know? Based on recent history, probably not until the Olympics are over, the preseason has begun, and we have forgotten to care. Meanwhile, this could be promoted all summer long and merchandise sales could be soaring as kids on summer break are infiltrating malls across Arizona and parents are wondering through Just Sports. I know, I know. Who cares, right? It’s not about the uniforms, but the people who fill them. We want success, not cool threads. But every era has a skin. “The Valley” Era will forever exist as the team marched to the NBA Finals, and why it is called that? Because the Suns hit a home run with the uniforms, the marketing, and the team that filled the jerseys.

Source: https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2024 ... iliar-term
Suns Gear On Sale - Save up to 70%
Suns Game Tickets - Lowest Prices, No fees.
Officially Licensed Suns Memorabilia on Sale
Visit All Our Forums - Over 160 Sports Forums