'I feel like I'm going to stay most likely': Jalil Farooq still mulling over his future decision

Oklahoma Sooners Talk
BillySims

'I feel like I'm going to stay most likely': Jalil Farooq still mulling over his future decision

The Oklahoma Sooners have gotten some good news recently with their two All-Americans, Billy Bowman and Danny Stutsman, deciding to stay in Norman for their senior seasons. But not everyone has decided what their next step will be. One of those still mulling over a decision is Jalil Farooq. Farooq finished third on the team in receiving yards with 637 yards and second on the team with 41 catches. Farooq could return next season which would add to an already-loaded wide receiver room. While his plan is to play in the bowl game, he hasn’t decided what he’ll do after the game is over. “I haven’t decided,” Farooq said. “I feel like I’m going to stay most likely.” Farooq has been the team’s “Swiss Army knife” as he does multiple things for the team including returning kicks and has worked at running back some as well. The Sooners would return four of their top five in receiving from a season ago along with adding the top transfer wide receiver. This to go with Jackson Arnold taking the reins at the quarterback position in 2024 has a lot of fans excited about the future of the offense. Of their top 10 receivers, they will return seven as of right now as well. For now, the Sooners have to wait and see what Farooq ultimately decides but he would be another key piece to the success of next season. Contact/Follow us @SoonersWire on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook to follow ongoing coverage of Oklahoma news, notes, and opinions. You can also follow Jaron on Twitter @JaronSpor. Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Sooners Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Sooners Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://soonerswire.usatoday.com/2023/1 ... eturn-sec/