Injury updates - Arik Armstead: ‘I’ll be out there on Sunday’

San Francisco 49ers Discussion Forum
GutCheck

Injury updates - Arik Armstead: ‘I’ll be out there on Sunday’

Image Photo by Michael Zagaris/San Francisco 49ers/Getty Images The Eagles could be without two defensive starters. Arik Armstead sat out of Thursday’s practice with the same foot injury that kept him out of Wednesday’s practice. But if you’re worried about Armstead missing Sunday’s matchup against the Eagles, fret not. Armstead told the media, “I’ll be out there on Sunday” before the 49ers practiced on Thursday. Armstead is one of the handful of players on the roster who could play in a game on Sunday without practicing all week. Defensive coordinator Steve Wilks has noticed a fresher version of Arik Armstead and Javon Hargrave since the bye week: “Well, I see that they’ve got their legs back, they’re fresh. They have completely, in my opinion, controlled the line of scrimmage the last couple of weeks. It’s going to be a challenge this week, but that’s the one thing that we talked about. We’ve got to do a great job inside with our tackles. I know you guys probably have talked to Hargrave, if you haven’t already. I know he’s excited about this game. But in the same token, it’s just another game, you know? So we’ve got to go and do the things we’ve got to do upfront to be successful to help us win this game.” Running back Jordan Mason (hamstring) and wide receiver Ray-Ray McClould (rib) also missed Thursday’s practice. McCloud would be a significant loss, as he’s the 49ers main return man. If he can’t suit up, rookie Ronnie Bell, on the road with potential rain, would take over the responsibilities as the primary returner. The Eagles were without five players during Thursday’s practice. Dallas Goedert missed again, and Eagles’ fans believe their tight end, who was doing some work on the side of the field, is aiming toward a return next week and not on Sunday. Eages’ defensive tackle Fletcher Co sat out the second day in a row with a groin injury. Cox left the Bills game in Week 12 and did not return. NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo said, “it’s looking like an uphill battle” for Cox to play Sunday against the 49ers. Linebacker Zach Cunningham (hamstring) has also yet to practice this week. Cunningham is second on the team in tackles, and Philly is already thin at linebacker with Nakobe Dean sidelined with a foot injury.

Source: https://www.ninersnation.com/2023/12/1/ ... ers-eagles