Open Thread Question of the Day: What player from another team do you hate the most?

Chicago Bears Discussion Forum
MacNasty

Open Thread Question of the Day: What player from another team do you hate the most?

Image Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images Is there one player on another roster that gets under your skin more than most? Every team in every sport has opposing players they don’t like. Usually, it’s because they play for their rivalry, sometimes it’s because they owned them on the big stage, sometimes it’s because of something they said about their team. Whatever the reason, disking the same player can be a bonding experience for fans of a team. They may not agree on who should be the coach, who should be the quarterback, or what the team should do in the draft, but they can all rally together and dislike someone together. Question of the Day: What player from another team do you hate the most? There’s only one answer here, right? I mean, I could try to make an argument for other players. Harrison Smith has delivered some dirty hits on Chicago Bears players. Barry Sanders had some memorable performances against the Bears that were tough to watch. Charles Martin delivered arguably the dirtiest hit in the history of the league with his late hit on Jim McMahon. But there’s really just one choice. My answer: Aaron Rodgers. It doesn’t matter what team he plays for, Aaron Rodgers is the player I loathe. We can start with his on-field performance. His success against the Chicago Bears is painfully unmatched. Rodgers has a 24-5 record against the Bears. He’s thrown 64 touchdowns with just 10 interceptions. He made Chris Conte the most hated man in Chicago. What makes it worse, is he’s arrogant about it. He wants the fans to know that he’s aware of how much he dominates the Bears and enjoys it. We don’t need to go into the whole “I own you” stuff again because it’s sadly true. Dominating my team would be enough, but Rodgers makes it easy to dislike him. His narcissistic attitude is almost always painfully on display. I don’t particularly care for him talking politics. I don’t like the way he misled the public about his vaccination status with COVID, and I think he has what I like to call the “smartest person in the room” syndrome. He is dripping with it. He never thinks he’s wrong, even when he blatantly is. To make things even worse, he hasn’t talked to his family in years. Rodgers is a great player, he’s one of the top 5 QBs that’s ever played the sport. But he’s dominated my team and his personality certainly hasn’t won him any favors with me. This answer is an easy one and I honestly can’t even come up with another player who is even close. What do you say, Bears fans? Is Aaron Rodgers the only answer here? Sound off in the comments if you agree or share a different answer below!

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2024/ ... on-rodgers