OTAs In Philosophy, And Other Blather

Carolina Panthers Discussion Forum
Fletch59

OTAs In Philosophy, And Other Blather

I think it was interesting that Xavier Legette was held last week because he'd been slow the day before.  Yet explained by a hamstring (remains ever interesting that tall receivers just seem to have bigger issues with hams). What I get out of it - I've been busy so hate if anyone else has posited this already - but the GPS tracking of guys and noticing some performance differences, remains quite interesting. Also suggests, if a guy might loaf, you can also tell that.  No intent on suggesting anything about Legette specifically, of course.   But, there's a want to do something with collected data, never the worst sign.  Now, of course, any over-reliance on data without some meaning to the data, could lead you to the wrong decision, but that'll bear out. 
I don't think it's interesting Eddy Pineiro is playing possum, and for a pretty middling kicker to possibly hold out, yeah, I don't know (he's accurate, but with a limited enough range that his accuracy seems driven by coaches not taking risk).  It's not the ideal time of year to need a guy, everybody that can kick is in a camp and if Harrison Mevis isn't somehow good enough as a replacement, you're back into needing a guy by the deadline.  For a team dying for good special teams, it's not ideal to be missing a kicker, but I can take or leave Pineiro.  Mevis, if he can tackle, is a fun idea for the madness that's about to be kickoffs, but I highly doubt they have a different guy for just that. 

Commuter rail is coming to north Charlotte, in a series of things near and dear to my own heart.  Looks to be heavy rail north from downtown up the Graham St, then NC 115 corridor that looks to have stops leading up the towns toward Mooresville - Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson.  Should impact the games, positively, and I advocate for rail, so, good to see.  (If anyone's dying to see if I'm this autistic about other stuff too, yes, all kinds of stuff.   This is the old Atlantic, Tennessee, and Ohio line which ran from Charlotte to Statesville, neither of which are Atlantic, Tennessee, or Ohioan, but they ripped up the tracks from Mooresville to Statesville about 30 years ago, if it's me I'd be banging the table to rebuild that line, the only interesting part being rebuilding the third creek bridge, and getting NCDOT/USDOT support for the task; commuter rail to Statesville is only another ~15 miles of value, but in a future where the S-line to Asheville also runs, Statesville becomes a transfer point; in a deeper future where high speed rail runs the Charlotte-Greensboro corridor, you also get fed both from the North and West).I know, for those of you with zero interest in any of this, it's boring as hell, but - generally speaking a lot of the things in NC, as with most others, are there because of the railroad.  Sure, Wilmington isn't, but most everything else is, with everything on the Crescent Corridor except Wilmington and Asheville, both of which also used to have a rich history tied to rail.  The dissonance comes in part to the shifting of time and culture, we've chosen a different freedom over the last lifetime, but I absolutely long for the ease of having something take me there, instead of driving; and when I get there, that it's walkable and buildings lack the massive setbacks that have turned everything into parking lots with occasional content around. Anyway, good news I suppose, but in a way we're talking about melding 100 years ago with now, and like a lot of Charlotte area infrastructure, a good chance that it'll either fail out of non-interest, or immediately become over-burdened with no middle ground. 

Source: http://absolutepanthers.blogspot.com/fe ... ts/default
GO RAMS!