OTAs, And Reflection

Carolina Panthers Discussion Forum
Fletch59

OTAs, And Reflection

It's all about reflection here today, since OTAs provide minimal real info (hoping DJ Johnson is well, because he's gotta show something soon). 
So for the moment I'm chattering about Xavier Legette versus Keon Coleman.   Because Coleman will always be in the rear view mirror of Legette's career, in part, and because Coleman seems minted as the X receiver in Buffalo already in what I can best describe as a Kelvin Benjamin situation - they're chattering about how well he's doing against air, conspiracy-theorizing that he ran slow to let him drop, and so on. 
Now, that said Coleman is coming into a much better situation.   Buffalo chose to make changes at WR, without the need to bolster a QB, where Carolina (both here in '24 and the prior '14) came into the need more honestly, out of sheer thirst and desperation.
Coleman has a much more refined skill set, from overall a longer body of work (there's all but no reason to really consider Legette's first few years, it's so sparse), and without the explosion you want.  There are no complete, fully intact WR at that price point. 
So which is right? Won't know immediately, and past that, won't know in truth for longer; both have plenty of opportunity ahead and the cop out answer is, after two months, both would've been great choices.   I still have some pause that they traded up, that they seemed so locked into XL, or that they could've been shrewd and traded down to get a coupling of Adonai Mitchell and Troy Franklin (that last one, 100% hindsight, neither should've fallen like that) and played a numbers game with it.  
For right now, the spotlight remains on Legette (currently light with a hamstring) as the long-term difference maker.   Jonathon Brooks isn't on the field, Trevin Wallace isn't immediately in a place to start either, and Ja'Tavion Sanders has to work his way up the depth chart too.  Here's hoping the right bits got out, as Carolina truly needs this one to work. 

Source: http://absolutepanthers.blogspot.com/fe ... ts/default
GO RAMS!