Sources: #1 Recruit in Country AJ Dybantsa Sets BYU Visit

BYU Cougars Talk
Gendora BYU

Image Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images The projected #1 pick in the 2026 NBA Draft is visiting Provo. Less than a week after landing projected lottery pick Egor Demin, Kevin Young and BYU have their sights set on another huge target. Sources tell me that 5-star forward and the consensus #1 recruit in the 2025 class AJ Dybantsa will visit BYU this coming Monday, June 3 for an unofficial visit. This is the day after the 5/22-6/2 dead period ends, which prohibited any in-person contact with recruits. Dybantsa recently received an offer from BYU and Kevin Young, who has been recruiting Dybantsa since he was hired. Sources tell me that AJ’s parents toured BYU’s campus shortly after Kevin Young was hired; AJ was not with his parents then and this is the first time he will visit BYU. Dybantsa recently committed to Utah Prep to play his senior year, a school that relocated to a new campus in Hurricane, Utah just outside of St George. He will be teammates with another top BYU target JJ Mandaquit, who has developed a close friendship with Dybantsa. AJ will almost certainly be a one-and-done college player and the #1 pick in the 2026 NBA Draft. A 6-foot-9 forward, AJ has the makings of a generational college talent in just one season. AJ can score in every way and has the length and versatility to be an elite defender. AJ has offers from virtually every big school in the country — Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Kentucky, etc have all offered. Does BYU have a chance? Yes. The fact that AJ is visiting BYU immediately after the dead period is telling. Sources tell me he will visit only BYU on this trip to Utah. Kevin Young’s NBA pedigree is making waves on the recruiting trail and gives BYU a real shot to be a legitimate player in AJ’s recruitment. Coaches will be a 3.5 hour drive away from AJ and can visit him easier (and vice versa) than other schools that are recruiting him. You can watch highlights of AJ below.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/2AuQswoHK1o?rel=0

Source: https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2024/5/3 ... cial-visit