'It wasn't that tough of a decision': Billy Bowman speaks about his decision to return

Oklahoma Sooners Talk
BillySims

'It wasn't that tough of a decision': Billy Bowman speaks about his decision to return

The Oklahoma Sooners’ preparation for their Alamo Bowl showdown with the Arizona Wildcats is underway. Tuesday was the first time media was allowed access to practice. One of the players out on the practice field was All-American safety Billy Bowman. Over the weekend Bowman announced he would be returning for his senior season. He spoke after practice about what led him to that decision. “It wasn’t that tough of a decision,” Bowman said. “We live in a different time now where people are in a rush to go somewhere. I’m not in no rush. That’s going to be there. So, let me finish college, let me finish my school and finish these things. Then I’ll get onto the next stage of my life. It really wasn’t a big decision, controversial-wise. I kind of knew what I was doing. I was told I should go ahead and say something just because. But it wasn’t really tough.” You don’t see many college players with that mindset. A lot of them are ready for the next thing. There is nothing wrong with that but it is nice to see a player that knows there is still work to be done and come back to improve. It’s also massive for a school that is headed to a new conference next season to get a leader and player like that to return to their school. Contact/Follow us @SoonersWire on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook to follow ongoing coverage of Oklahoma news, notes, and opinions. You can also follow Jaron on Twitter @JaronSpor. Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Sooners Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Sooners Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://soonerswire.usatoday.com/2023/1 ... n-staying/